Thank you, for a wonderful 2018-2019 season! We look forward to bringing you more quality programming, soon. While we work on our announcement, maybe you want to work with us or know someone that would? We are looking for an Annual Fundraiser Coordinator. Join our team! Details below.
WORK WITH US!
TO CLARIFY THE WORK EXPERIENCE MUST BE WITHIN FUNDRAISING AND DEVELOPMENT AND PREFERABLY WITHIN THE NONPROFIT SECTOR AND/OR THEATRE.
Public Theatre of Kentucky
ANNUAL FUND COORDINATOR
Posted June, 2019
Position: Annual Fund Coordinator
Reports To: Producing Artistic Director
About the Public Theatre of Kentucky: Public Theatre of Kentucky invites applications for the position of Annual Fund Coordinator. PTK is dedicated to enriching the cultural life of Bowling Green and the surrounding regions through the production of high quality theatre and performing arts events. We seek to create a truly safe and inclusive space where diverse identities, ideas, cultures, and opinions are welcomed and cultivated. The Public Theatre of Kentucky strives to unlock potential, build community, and enrich the quality of life in South Central Kentucky by producing theatre and performing arts events for all ages, backgrounds, and abilities that reflects the complexity of our history and present time. PTK’s vision is to be a leading arts organization and to serve as a catalyst for creativity, inspiration, and education in our community.
Summary of Position: The Annual Fund Manager is a key member of the Public Theatre of Kentucky. This position is responsible for overseeing, developing, and implementing initiatives that will increase annual giving from individual donors, local businesses, and corporations.
Essential Functions (include but not limited to):
• Working with the Producing Artistic Director and the Board Chair: Create, manage and execute a comprehensive annual fund plan each year.
• Identify, cultivate, solicit, steward and renew a portfolio of prospects, potential donors, and sponsors.
• Continuously identify annual fund donors with capacity for increased giving; work with the Producing Artistic Director to move these donors through pipeline.
• Design and execute an integrated communications strategy that incorporates direct mail, email, and digital media in addition to in-person activities.
• Work with the Producing Artistic Director to draft all written annual fund communications, including direct mail/email appeals and acknowledgement letters.
• Provide weekly report based on measurable goals and accomplishments.
• Establish and maintain tracking and testing methods for all solicitation initiatives and adjusting strategies based on results.
• Work collaboratively with the Producing Artistic Director, Board Chair, and Board.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong strategic, critical thinking and organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail and an ability to operate at the conceptual level as well as the implementation phase.
• Demonstrated knowledge/understanding of successful annual fund practices and donor engagement strategies.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and competing demands while maintaining commitment to excellence.
• Flexible, roll-with-the-punches attitude, with the capacity to work with grace under pressure handling multiple deadlines and priorities.
• Associate’s degree.
• Two (2) years’ experience in fundraising with progressively increasing responsibility for raising contributed revenue from individuals, local businesses, and corporations.
• An appreciation for professional live theatre.
• Willingness to work some evenings and weekends (typically for special events) and travel within Bowling Green and the surrounding areas, as needed.
• Creative and pleasant personality
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Three plus (3+) years’ experience in fundraising and/or development with progressively increasing responsibility for raising contributed revenue from individuals, local businesses, and corporations.
Grant writing skills and experience are a plus.
Compensation: Able to make your own hours, with the exception of required events. This is a commissioned position. Commission percentage will be based on candidate’s experience.
To Apply: Applicants interested in applying for this position must email cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references to:
Amber L. Turner, Producing Artistic Director: email@example.com